Two Coachbuilt Ferraris headed to Scottsdale.

Gooding & Company are anouncing two exceptional Ferraris for their forcoming auction Scottsdale. Both are custom coachbuilt by Carrozzeria Touring and Pininfarina which make them unique in detail.

Neither Ferrari have been seen in public for considerable time. The 166/195S was last displayed for its debuting restoration at the 2001 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance while the Ferrari 330 GTC Speciale hasn’t been since since it sold at Sotheby’s Zurich auction in 1993.

Photos by Brian Henniker
Photos by Brian Henniker

1950 Ferrari 166 MM/195 S Berlinetta Le Mans
(Estimate: $5,750,000-$6,500,000) sold for Sold for $6,490,000
Built in 1950, 0060 M is a thoroughbred competition Ferrari, based on the highly successful 166 MM/195 S chassis with aerodynamic coachwork by Carrozzeria Touring of Milan. One of only six examples of the Berlinetta Le Mans, this Ferrari was campaigned in Italian races by the factory and displayed by Luigi Chinetti at the 1950 Paris Auto Salon. Sold new to famed American sportsman Briggs Cunningham, 0060 M was raced at Sebring, Buenos Aires, Watkins Glen and Bridgehampton through 1952. Later owned by Road & Track writer Henry N. Manney III, the Ferrari eventually made its way to the UK, where it took part in many important European events including the Mille Miglia Storica and the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Beautifully restored and presented in its original light blue livery, 0060 M is among the most important early competition Ferraris. This historic car will grant its new owner entry into the world’s most exclusive classic car events.

Photo by Brian Henniker
Photo by Brian Henniker

 

1966 Ferrari 330 GTC Speciale
(Estimate: $3,400,000-$4,000,000) Sold for $3,410,000
Unveiled at the Brussels Motor Show in 1967, the 330 GTC Speciale was hailed as a brilliant <span class=”il”>Ferrari</span>-Pininfarina collaboration. The modern design captured the very essence of late 1960s motoring, combining features from Pininfarina’s latest show and concept cars. One of only four examples ever built, and featuring razor-edge lines, curved glass and trailing pillars creating a dramatic and beautiful effect, chassis 10107 was initially sold to an important and influential customer – Maria Maddalena Da Lisca. The heiress of a prominent Tuscan family, Maria Maddalena was the wife of famed Italian pasta manufacturer Pietro Barilla, who was a personal friend of Enzo <span class=”il”>Ferrari</span>. This car has been thoroughly documented by <span class=”il”>Ferrari</span> historian Marcel Massini and is an ideal entry into the finest international concours d’elegance.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *