Of all the cars at Amelia Island, the most revered were the Ferraris.
Both classes FGT-Ferrari GT and FG-Ferrari Open had cars which are the most desired in the world.
This is even more true for the three Ferraris Class-RC1-Race Cars 1949-1960 and two more in Class TC for Trophy cars which included the Lemans-winning Ferrai 250LM and 166; some of the most desirable cars of all time.
Our photographer Alex Marks captured all the Ferraris for us and here they are:
1967 Ferrari 206 S Dino Spyder 026
First ordered and delivered to the swiss team Scuderia Filipinetti, this Dino is seen in its 1967 #34 12h Sebring livery when driven by Herbert Mueller and Gunther Klass. After Ferrari officially withdrew from this race, this Dino chassis 026, was sold to Scuderia Filipinetti for the event alongside chassis 014 given to Scuderia Ambroeus and chassis 004 given to Scuderia Brescia Corse. None of the three Dinos survived the race. Later, 026 car caught fire just before the 1000km Nürburgring and the reminants were rebuilt by Pierre Bardinon of the Mas du Clos collection. This car sold for $2,310,000 USD at Gooding & Company’s Pebble Beach Auction.
1949 Ferrari 166 MM 0008M
This 1949 Ferrari 166 MM Barchetta is the most successful of all the Barchettas for winning both the 1949 Mille Miglia (Clemente Biondetti, Ettore Salani) and the 1949 24 Hours of LeMans (Luigi Chinetti, Lord Selsdon). It is these two victories that elevated the Ferrari marque further than any other singular Ferrari. Since 1997 it has been actively shown by Robert M. Lee.
1964 Ferrari 250 LM 5893
Ferrari 250 LM 5893 is responsible for the biggest upset in Le Mans history. It took the overall victory at the 1965 24 Hours of Le Mans by beating all the sports prototypes including the MKII Ford GT40s, Ferrari 330 P2s and Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupes. It was campaigned by Luigi Chinetti of N.A.R.T. thereafter and the bodywork was almost completely destroyed at the 1968 24 Hours of Daytona. The Drogo-nose bodywork was repaired/recreated for futher outtings at Le Mans and Daytona. As it sits, 5893 is one of the most original 250LMs remaining. It is currently owned and displayed by the Indianapolis Museum.
1958 Ferrari 250 GT ‘Tour de France’ 3-Louvre 0881GT
0881 was first ordered by Count Antoine d’Assche and used in several events throughout Belgium. At some point this 0881GT was lost in a fire and has a completely new body built by Terry Hoyle in 1992.
1953 Ferrari 340 MM Vignale Spyder 0324AM
Delivered new to William Spear of Westport, CT, USA and raced at the 12 Hours of Reims and the RAC Sports Car race at Silverstone before coming the USA. Both William Spear and Ebby Lunken raced it in 1954 and 1955 after which it was retired from racing. The night blue and white color scheme was typical of American racing colors in the 1950s.
1954 Ferrari 500 Mondial Series I 0418MD
One of four factory Works entrants in the 1954 Mille Miglia as #512 with drivers Enrico Sterzi and O. Rossi who placed 15th overall. Subsequently shipped to Venezuela and eventually fitted with a Chevrolet V8 and single-seat bodywork. Offered from the Estate of William H. Tilley by RM Auctions in 2013 and sold for $3,520,000 USD.
1955 Ferrari 750 Monza 0518M
Originally delived to Jacques Swaters In Brussels and painted in the yellow Belgium livery with a red nose. After suffering three accidents at Bari, Chimay and Agadir the car was rebodied like a 500TR and continued to be used throughout Europe.
1957 Ferrari 250 Cabriolet Series I 0777GT
This car (chassis 0777GT) was the tenth built out of a production of forty Cabriolets, and it was delivered on January 3rd, 1958 to Giorgio Fassio, a Genoese shipping executive and friend of Enzo Ferrari. Its second owner was the New York Ferrari importer Luigi Chinetti. It arrived in the United States in 1959 and was immediately used by Chinetti’s son Luigi “Coco” Chinetti Jr. on his honeymoon. During the car’s early life the original engine was changed, but engine and body were reunited by the current owner in the early 1980s. During its recent restoration the original charcoal grey paintwork was repainted from Ferrari dark blue, and the black interior was replaced with striking red upholstery. The car is easily identified because it has unusual and distinctive outside vents and a stainless steel mirror finish inside the headlight buckets.
1963 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spyder 4137GT
Chassis 4137GT is the last of 55 SWB Spyders built between 1960 and 1963. It was originally delivered to Andre Aldeghi, Minnesota, USA and has been in the USA its whole life.
1969 Ferrari 365 GTS 12453
This car is the 11th of just 20 examples made of the droptop 365. It is part of the Larry Page collection (no connection to google) that has Ferraris with consecutive serial numbers.
1969 Ferrari 365 GT 2+2
This car was first delivered to Harrah’s Modern Classic Motor in Reno, Nevada in 1969. Current records indicate it was owned by Nancy Sinatra until 1987. In January of 1995, the current owner purchased the car with 18000 miles. It currently has 29,000 miles. The car is unrestored and features factory air conditioning, power steering, power windows, power vent windows, radio, electric antenna, headrests and beige interior.
1965 Ferrari 275 GTB 6C Alloy 07933
This GTB is the second long-nose 275 fitted with the rare all-aluminum body. Furthermore it features the rare 6-carburettor intake with Weber 40 DCN9 units. This car was first delivered to Judge Samuel Simon Leibowitz, of Glen Cove of New York in Argento paint.
1966 Ferrari 275 GTB 08549
Sorry we don’t know anything about this Ferrari 275 GTB owned by John & Karen Gerhard.
1953 Ferrari 250 Europa Vignale Coupe 0295EU
In late 1953 Ferrari commissioned Carrozzeria Vignale to create bodies for two of the early 250 Europa chassis, and this car (0295EU), the very first Europa, was shown alongside the new Ferrari 375 America at the Paris Auto Show, held at the Grand Palais. Since its Paris debut, the coupe has spent its entire life in America, where it has been shown only at the second annual Ferrari Club of America meeting in May 1966. Its showing here at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance is just the third time the car has been shown in public.
1958 Ferrari 250 GT Coupé Speciale 1187GT
This one-of 250 GT-based Ferrari was ordered by Emanuele Nasi, the cousin of Giovanni Agnelli, the powerful managing director of Fiat. Nasi required Pinin Farina to replace some of the lines of the Ferrari Superamerica on his 250 GT Coupé. Special features include a five-window cabin, a side accent dash between the wheel wells and front vents to exvacuate how air as seen on the third generation Superamerica. The car was displayed at the 1959 Geneva Motor Show
1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 09737
Sold new in June of 1967 to Mr. Morettino in Italy. After numerous paint jobs, the car was actively raced by Mr. Pozner at the in a number of events in Europe and the UK including Tour Auto, Historic Targa Floria Revival, Modena Centro Ore Classic, Tour Espana, and Goodwood Festival of Speed. At the 2000 Tour Espana, it was crashed by Anthony Pozner and his navigator died from the injuries. The car was then comprehensively restored by Oldtimer Garage Australia to Cavallino concours standards.